Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Welcome!

So I decided to make a blog about my times with LotV.  I've played SC way back in the Brood War days (I'm talking 1998 and onward here).  I didn't follow the BW scene in Korea super-closely, but was familiar with the top players at the time.

Eventually in 2010 SC2 came out, and it was fun to relearn the game over again.  Battle.net 2.0 was very barren and not that user friendly IIRC; it just functioned for automatic match making.  Chatting was quite painful.  Then Heart of the Swarm came around, and I continued on.  Finally we're at LotV and the end of the SC2 story.  Multiplayer will continue on for god knows how long no matter how many "ded gaem" people say elsewise.

Based on the title of this blog you can guess that I main Zerg.  I only really play Terran/Protoss against the AI for level achievements.  I did play Protoss for 1/2 a season during HotS, but didn't like how I was tied to pylons for gateway production all the time.  I also felt dirty doing 2 base all-ins :P

At this time I'm a high Platinum 1v1 player.  I usually wind up in this position each season.  Once or twice I have broken into Diamond, but it never stuck.  If I ever start at gold (or even silver when matchmaking was all whack), I can climb back to plat.  So I guess that's where I'm supposed to be.

Since LotV I did want to check out the Allied Commanders game mode the most.  I was able to max out all the commanders' levels, so I'll probably start with my review on each of them before continuing on about Zerg play in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment